Apr 14, 2011

The Clampetts are here, Your Majesty…

APR 14, 2011 08:04 EDT
           
BRITAIN/
It turns out when Kate Middleton marries Britain’s Prince William in a couple of weeks, her family is going to stay someplace called the Goring Hotel while they are in London. It may be part of the Econo Lodge chain, but I could be wrong.
BRITAIN/These photos above and below show where William’s family lives, and on the right you can see the itty-bitty place where the Middletons will be.
According to some quick online research, Buckingham Palace has 52 bedrooms and 78 bathrooms. They can’t spare a couple of rooms for the future in-laws?
How do you suppose Queen Elizabeth even broke that kind of news to Kate’s folks?
* * * * * * * * * *
BRITAIN/Dear Commoners, allow me to say how happy I am that my grandson is marrying your charming daughter.
I do so look forward to meeting you! I shall call you “Mum and Dad Middleton,” and you may address me as “Your Majesty.”
Whilst you are in London for the wedding, you will be at a small hotel near my house. I believe a continental breakfast comes with the room. One hopes you will take the double-decker bus tour that goes past my residence, but please keep moving…
* * * * * * * * * *
BRITAIN-WEDDING/DARWEN
Which brings me to my main point, a message to my own beloved offspring.
Son, if you ever marry into royalty, when your mother and I come for the wedding we expect to drag our duffel bags right through the gates of the royal palace and enjoy nonstop room service and free wireless.
We may even take some towels when we leave. A place like Buckingham Palace, they expect us to do that…
Top: The Massed Band leads the march up the Mall, followed by Britain’s Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip, as they return to Buckingham Palace, June 12, 2010. REUTERS/Suzanne Plunkett
Right: A man walks past the Goring Hotel in London April 13, 2011. Kate Middleton’s family will stay at the hotel during her wedding to Britain’s Prince William, local media reported. REUTERS/Suzanne Plunkett
Left: Britain’s Queen Elizabeth receives the Ambassador of Austria, Emil Brix (R), as he presents his credentials at Buckingham Palace, June 8, 2010. REUTERS/Katie Collins/Pool
Right: Kate Middleton reacts to the crowd during a visit Witton Country Park in Darwen, northern England April 11, 2011. REUTERS/Alastair Grant/Pool

No comments:

Post a Comment